Sharing a dashboard¶
This may be achived using the Share or download dashboard button.
- With xDash basic version, it is possible to download the dashboard as standalone html page.
- With xDash full version, the page can be hosted publicly. A public share link is displayed.
When a HTML page is generated from a project, several geometric transformations methods are available.
- This method makes the whole dashboard fits the entire target screen.
- The original dashboard (in edition mode), seen with its scroll dimensions, is "projected" into the target screen.
- Target screen has no overflow (no scroll bars).
- Widgets proportions are not preserved.
- User should use this method when rows are defined in responsive layout, as each row will be projected into the target screen (for large target screens).
- For small target screens, each column will be projected into the target screen.
- This method is not suitable if the scroll height of the original dashboard is approximatively greater than 130 % of the original screen, when no row is used.
- The dashboard is stretched widthwise to fit the width of the target screen.
- The height of the widgets is calculated so as to preserve their proportions (in pixels).
- User should use this method rather than the ajustToTargetWindow method if the widgets proportions must be preserved (in pixels), e.g. to avoid distortion of an image.
- Of course, a vertical overflow (with vertical scroll bar) is possible in this mode.
- Similar to the adjustToFullWidth method, but the widgets proportions are not preserved.
- Dashboard viewport proportion, from the width and height dimensions, are preserved.
- This method is useful to keep the same dashboard content heightwise.
- Original viewport dimensions of the dashboard are preserved. Dashboard is centered.
When a HTML page is generated with xDash, the xprjson content is inlined into the HTML page code, and might include sensitive information such as passwords, API keys, authorization information...
Safely handling secrets is currenly outside xDash scope.